Madarao Mountain Lodge is an 11 room hosted ski lodge which is located right on the mountain at Madarao Ski Resort. The lodge features Western-style and Japanese-style rooms, a recreation room and an in-house restaurant and bar available to both guests and visitors.
• Your hosts, Mark and Mayuko, are available to help assist you with ski rental, tours and transport. Mark Stahnke has lived and skied in Japan for over 10 years. He was worked at Madarao Mountain Resort on Ski Patrol for two years and also worked as a ski instructor in Shiga Kogen. Mayuko has spent over 10 years living Australia where she worked as a Sushi Chef and had her own catering business. As well as providing excellent food and service, they can also use their language skills to help assist with connecting guests to local services such as other restaurants, ski rental, ski lessons, and local tours.
• 300m walk to slopes
• Short walk to two hot springs "onsens" to relax in this traditional Japanese experience.
• Choice of Western or Japanese style rooms, recently renovated.
• Breakfast included.
• In-house restaurant run by owner Mayuko, a trained Sushi chef.
• Free WiFi
• Recreation Room with 24-hour coffee and tea, DVD movies, fridge and microwave.
Madarao Mountain Resort is very family friendly with child care available as well as an awesome Kid’s Park with snow tubes, sleds and even a Japanese style igloo! Even the younger snow enthusiasts can try out the family friendly tree runs for some extra adventure for all ages. Unusually for Japan, Madarao Mountain Resort has a family room that can accommodate a family of five (with younger children).
Driving time from Myoko Kogen is only approximately 30 minutes, there is no train but there is a bus or you can drive. To drive to Nozawa Onsen takes approximately 45 minutes. You can catch the bus via Iiyama station to Nozawa.
Coming from Toyko you can take the Hokuriku Bullet Train to Iiyama station and then the bus from here which takes approximately 30 minutes to Madarao.