Tanuki House in Nozawa Onsen holds an awesome position right in middle of this traditional Japanese village. It's a very quick walk around the block to the centre of town and only 25 metres to Kawahara Onsen and 35 metres to Oyu Onsen (the most famous hot springs in the village). Access to the slopes is via the Yu Road - a moving walkway which will take you to the Hikage Gondola (known as the Village Bowl) where there is a Ski School, Kids Park and Day Nursery.
Accommodation at Tanuki House includes 7 Japanese Tatami Style Rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms which is pretty unique in Japan ski resorts. This property offers excellent value and convenience and is managed by Brad and Yumi (a fabulous Australian/Japanese couple).
Features of Tanuki House include -
- 5 X One Bedroom 'Japanese Tatami Room' with ensuite bathroom/bath/shower
- 2 X Two Bedroom 'Japanese Tatami Rooms' with ensuite bathroom/bath/shower
- Full Hot Breakfast included in your stay (the restaurant is connected to the lodge by an enclosed walk-way).
- Free WiFi
- Lounge Room with fireplace
- In-house Hot Bath - ideal for soaking after a day on the slopes
- Ski lockers and drying room
- Easy access to the main bus terminal in Nozawa Onsen, Chuo Terminal
- Central location in Nozawa Onsen Village
- Quick access to the ski lifts on the moving walkway to Hikage Village Bowl